Followers

Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Marvelous Uses of Olive Oil

Hey everyone! I'm doing a mini series on "marvelous uses" of some common items that might not have the benefits we normally expect. Here's part 1: 


Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's pretty easy to assume most people have  a bottle of some classic EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) in their homes. And most of the time we use it in cooking some of our most delicious meals. But surprisingly enough, olive oil can do some wonders outside of your kitchen too! A lot of the time, beauty and skincare products advertise olive oil in it, so using it straight from the bottle must be great too (and a lot cheaper). I researched a few different websites, and here is my list of what I think are the best ways you can benefit from olive oil! 


1) Moisturizer: Rub some on your feet before bed, throw on some socks and voila! baby soft feet. Do the same with your hands too and don't forget elbows, knees, lips, even your scalp, or any other dry patches for deep moisture. 


2) Makeup Remover: Grab a tissue or a Q-tip and some olive oil for an easy, sting-free makeup removal that will soften the skin around your eyes. But fyi, remember that it's olive OIL, it will make your skin feel a little oily 


3) Shaving Cream: It might not seem as thick as the one you normally buy, but trust me it'll prevent your legs from bumps and nicks just as well. Oh yea, and leave them silky smooth too! 


4) Sun Protectant: I haven't tried this one out yet, but aside from having moisture rich ingredients to keep your skin from drying out in the sun, olive oil also contains ingredients that will protect against UVA and UVB rays. 


5) Exfoliator: Mix sugar in with some olive oil for a great body and facial exfoliator. 


Thanks for reading :) 


The olive oil I use, with my kitty in the back :) 



6 comments:

  1. I love Olive oil in my homemade "manicure in a jar"!! It really does wonders for your hads and nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i heard about that use for it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUP!! I always use as my eye makeup remover!! great for wrinkles too!!

    http://icosmeticrn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete