Followers

Monday, July 26, 2010

Luscious Summer Lips

All year round you have to protect your lips, but there are different reasons why during the different seasons. 


During summer it's important to protect your lips because you are more often exposed to a lot of sunlight which can lead to dry, cracked lips. Also keep in mind that your lips are just like the rest of your skin, if they are exposed to too much sun while unprotected they can eventually develop cancerous moles. 


The first thing you can do to get those soft, smooth lips everyone wants is to exfoliate them. Two options are: 


1) Purchase a lip exfoliant/scrub           
Kiss Me Exfoliating Lip Scrub
This is the Philosophy Kiss Me Exfoliating Lip Scrub which runs for $15 at Sephora. There are a lot of others out there, but this was the least inexpensive mainstream one I came across. 


2) Make your own lip scrub 
    *Bonus: It's free! 


All you have to do is go to your kitchen, take some honey and some sugar (yum!) mix it up, and with your index finger rub it all over your lips firmly, but not harshly. 
The goal is to remove the dead skin on your lips and prevent chapping, but rubbing too hard can end up hurting your lips, so be careful. 
Then take a wash cloth wet with warm water and remove the scrub completely. 




During the summer days it's crucial to apply and reapply lip balm. I switch off between two that I love: 


1) VS Pink Lip Balm 
These are the Victoria's Secret Pink lip balms with spf 15 they go for $7
This is definitely the most summer appropriate lip balm I have because it has spf in it, which is really important in protecting your lips during the summer. Plus it smells awesome and has the cutest packaging! 


2) eos Lip Balm (full review eventually) 


This is my new favorite daily lip balm and runs for about $3-4 at drugstores or online.

Thanks for reading everyone :)

6 comments:

  1. I might try that lip scrub recipe :) Thanks! And I just found out that Walgreens carries those Eos lip balms, so I'm planning on going and checking today! I can't wait lol, I've heard so many good things about them.
    Thanks for following my blog lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your welcome! and thanks for following my blog as well, hope you enjoy what you try out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute blog! Oops when following I typed in my old, old account I had even before I started blogging. Ignore the extra follow from my other account, lol! The VS lipblam looks good, I might have to try it. xox, -tf

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks! yea I love the VS lipbalm so I hope you do too and i'm not sure if it ended yet, but I got it during the semi-annual sale and it was half off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! New follower here!!!

    I want to get my hands on one of those eos lip balms.. don't know what im waiting for!

    http://marthacblogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha you should definitely get them they're awesome! thanks for following :)

    ReplyDelete