Hey everyone! I am so so so so sorry I haven't posted in a while but I lost my camera charger and it's out of power :( So for this post I'm going to talk about some of my favorite drugstore products because if you're like me, it's a lot easier to drool over the amazing high end products than actually whip out the cash for them! These aren't listed in any particular order, I like them all... hope you enjoy! Note: I'm sorry I can't give the exact prices for them, it's just that the prices vary depending on the drugstore you buy them at
1) Covergirl Exact Eyelights Mascara: I've used this mascara for well over a year now, and even though I try new ones I always come back to this for my daily mascara. It's lengthening and volumizing, but at the point where it is totally wearable for day time. And because it really has noticeable gold flecks in it (to enhance your eye color) it adds a little something extra.
Price: About $7-8
2) Covergirl Lashblast Fusion Mascara: This mascara is relatively new but I was really excited when it came out because it seemed like the best of both worlds (volumizing and lengthening). And I think it truly does both! I use this on the weekends when I go out at night because for me it gives a very dramatic look, but I absolutely love it!
Price: About $8-9
3) Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Liner: This liner was very popular when it came out, and I can see why! This is one of the first gel liners I ever bought so I don't have much to compare it to but I think it's great! The brush it comes with gives a precise line (although now I use the Sonia Kashuk bent liner brush which is even better) and the formula is smooth and very black. I find it to smudge just a little bit, but overall it's quite long lasting and great for an every day look to a dramatic nighttime look as well.
Price: About $6-7
4) L'oreal Lineur Intense Liner: This is my absolute favorite liquid liner so far. I haven't even felt the need to try out other more expensive ones because this one is just so great! It's a felt tip liner that provides a true black and precise line that's so easy to wing out. Love love love!
Price: About $7-9
5) Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow in Wild Orchids: I was so curious about these cream shadows for a while, and I'm really glad I finally picked them up. The 4 colors it comes with are shimmery and very creamy. The one reason why I don't absolutely love this product is because they lose some of their pigmentation when blended onto your eye and they do crease a lot. But for their price, I expected it. Overall I like this though because the colors are gorgeous and very creamy.
Price: About $6-7
6) Revlon Nail Polish in Minted: I'm not very into nail polishes, but for months I had been dying for a mint green polish. Finally I found one for a great price by Revlon! The color is perfect and I found the formula to be really opaque, I could have gotten away with just one coat! I did find the formula to be a little bit gloopy, but it may just be because I suck at applying nail polish lol. I saw that they do have a wide range of shades, so check it out!
Price: About $5
7) ELF Shimmer Palette: I know that this brand is not sold in all the main drugstores, but it has the drugstore price tag so I decided to mention it. I'm very iffy with the products I get from ELF but this is one that I could not live without! It comes with 4 extremely creamy, blendable shades (a frosty white, a frosty beige, a frosty gold, and a frosty pink) that can be used on your cheeks, eyes, and lips. I haven't used the pink shade as much as the others, but the other three I use all the time because they are amazing cheek highlighters! As well, the gold shade I find to be a good dupe for the infamous Kitten smudgepot from Stila. It also comes with a small stiff brush for applying on your lid, lips, or cheekbones. For only $3 how could you live without this?!
8) NYX Round Lipglosses: This brand is also not sold in all of the main drugstores, but it is in some. These glosses are not as popular as their square tubed ones but I don't understand why! They are EXTREMELY pigmented and not sticky AT ALL! When I first heard that they weren't sticky, I couldn't even imagine a lip gloss not being that sticky, but it's true! They go on so smoothly, last a long time, and I am free of the "hair-sticking-to-your-lips-in-the-wind syndrome"! Love!
9) Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer: I've used up a tube of this and am on to my second, it's a great product. Because I've found a better concealer, I don't use the concealer side, but I am obsesssssed with the illuminator (it's a dual ended product). It's a beigy pink color that has this gorgeous iridescence that I want to put all over my face! It really gives a great glow and I find it extremely comparable to many higher-end highlighters.
Price: About $8
10) L'Oreal Infallible Lip Colour: I've recently begun using this product (I have shade 508) and it truly is infallible. The easy to carry, compact case has a tube of liquid lipstick on one side and a tube of a sealing lip balm on the other. I find the color to be very pigmented, smoother than most traditional lipsticks, and it really is very long lasting. The three things I dislike about this product is that you have to wait 2 minutes before putting on the balm (and I'm very impatient lol), it does get pretty drying after a few hours, and the price. But for the fact that it lasts so long, I believe it's worth it!
I hope you get the chance to try some of these products out, and if you do let me know if you like them!
Thanks for reading :)