Followers

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Milani HD Advanced Lip Color in #117 Sweet Grape

Hey everyone! So good news, computer is fixed (finally)!!! Although I am the biggest denier of the approach of fall being the diehard summer fan that I am, I thought I should throw in a shade that I think will be beeeeeeautiful for fall... and it's from the drugstore! I was sent this by the company, but there was no note with the lipstick at all and so I'm certainly not being compensated for reviewing this (for all I know I wasn't even supposed to be sent this haha).

When I first saw this lipstick, I have to admit that my first reaction was "why this shade?!" because deep grapey/plum shades have never flattered my pale skin and they've always looked a little to "gothy" on me. But I decided to try it nonetheless and I am so happy I did. This is my first Milani product, and I now definitely want to try more.

Sweet Grape is a plum lipstick with a great deal of golden shimmer. In fact, it reminds me a lot of my Estee Lauder eyeshadow in Berry Ice. The packaging is sleek and slim, but a little long so it's hard for me to store it with the rest of my traditional lipsticks. For about $10 at the drugstore, it is on the pricier side, but I think that it is worth it. For one, I haven't found a shade exactly like this ever, especially for this price. As well, it doesn't make me look ghostly or goth in the least. The gold shimmer didn't look chunky or accentuate the lines of my lips, in fact it brightened the color wonderfully and the formula is so moisturizing! It comes out rather sheer with one swipe, but it is a very buildable shade which I appreciate.



(this is darker and has much more beautiful gold shimmer than it appears in the photo) 


Thanks for reading :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment